Monday, March 4, 2013

Major Changes for 2013

Last year was a crazy busy year. I had a newborn baby and business kind of exploded. I am incredibly grateful for all of my clients and their confidence in my work, however, it was a really tough year for my little family. In the future, I would love for my business to grow and expand, but for now I have a husband and four little kiddos that are my priority. So, I’ve made numerous business changes that will effect scheduling, pricing, and work-time for me.

Pricing changes can be found under the various tabs. All changes have been entered, so what you see is accurate as of March 31st. I have included sales tax in the listed prices for ease of processing for me and for you. There are various price increases, but these were necessary to maintain profitability and make my time away from my family worth it. Hopefully you don’t see anything that isn’t typically seen in the photography industry. I tried to keep my prices affordable and fair.

Secondly (and this is mostly a rule that I’ll be forcing myself to keep), edited images will be limited to the range stated in  your session listing. Oftentimes I end up having requests for or simply end up editing WAY more images than are included in the session. While I enjoy what I do, editing takes a significant amount of time and I need to keep these limits enforced.

I have a couple of weddings already on the books for this year and while all of those bookings will be honored, I will not be booking any additional weddings. This may change in the future, but for now I won’t be doing any more weddings.

This year I will be handling family sessions VERY differently than in the past, but I think the changes will be good for me and my clients. For 2013, family sessions will ONLY be booked during mini-session events. These events will allow me to photograph 10-12 families in one event day. The price will be affordable for my clients and they will still receive 8-12 edited images on CD. It’s a way for you to get your family photos done at a discount and a way for me to consolidate from what was sometimes 4 or 5 different week night sessions each week.

The first mini-session event will be held May 11th. Cost for an individual session will be $85. Family sessions of 2-5 individuals will be $125 ($10 for each additional person ~ 12 individuals maximum). Sessions will last 30-40 minutes and clients will receive 8-12 edited images on CD with printing rights. The May 11th session will be held in Eltopia, Washington. A $50 non-refundable deposit will be required to hold your time slot to avoid last minute cancellations that can’t be filled. The deposit will be deducted off of the price owed on event day. Contact me early to guarantee your spot if you’re wanting family photos this year. Time slots are as follows: 8:30am, 9:15am, 10:00am, 10:45am, 11:30am, 1:00pm, 1:45pm, 2:30pm, 3:15pm, 4:00pm, 4:45pm, 5:30pm. The second and final family mini-session event day will be held in the fall on October 26th (location to be determined).

Mini Session Flyer The summer months will be reserved for senior photos or individuals/small groups. And by small I mean groups of 3 or less. I will be limiting the number of sessions I do per week to one or two, depending on my schedule and session demand. I may hold a third mini-session event in the summer if demand for family photos during the summer is high. Please book early to guarantee yourself a session and for the best selection of available dates.

I just want to say thank  you again to all of the wonderful clients that I’ve had the opportunity to work with. I’ve been truly blessed to be able to work with you and capture a part of your lives for you. I hope to be able to continue to do that and I’m hoping that these changes mean great things for me and my family and for you. Thanks so much!

Contact me by email at briannehuwephotography@gmail.com or message me on facebook or my blogs with any questions or to book your session for this year.

No comments: